PEOPLES ADVANTAGE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION INTERNET ACCESS DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DISCLOSURE LISTED BELOW.
I DISAGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DISCLOSURE LISTED BELOW.
I realize that by disagreeing with the terms and conditions of the disclosure I will not be allowed
access to the Peoples "e" Branch system.
RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS
The following information defines and describes the types of Electronic Funds Transfers which are available to members with Peoples”e”Branch home banking service. It also contains your rights and responsibilities concerning these transactions, including your rights under the Electronic Funds Transfers Act. Please read this document carefully. You may want to print it for future reference.
1. Internet Account Access - Our internet address is peoplesadvfcu.org. You can use Peoples”e”Branch home banking service to:
· Obtain balances and other account details on your share and loan accounts.
· Make transfers between your share accounts, share draft accounts and transfer to make loan payments (limitations may apply).
· Withdraw funds from your share or share draft account(s), by check, to be mailed to you at your address of record on the next available business day.
· Review transaction activity on your accounts (limitations may apply).
2. Limitations on Transfers
· Federal regulations limit pre-authorized transfers from your regular share account to no more than six per account per month. This includes transfers by phone, fax, wire and cable, overdraft transfers to checking, and Internet instruction.
· The functions and limitations of Peoples”e”Branch home banking service may be updated, without notice, at the option of Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union in order to provide improved service to the membership.
· Before entering the Peoples”e”Branch home banking site, you agree to accept the responsibility for protecting the integrity of your PIN (Personal Identification Number) in order to prevent unauthorized transactions and/or account access. You also agree that Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union may revoke your Internet account access if unauthorized account access and/or transactions occur as the apparent result of your negligence in safeguarding your PIN. Granting access to your account via the Internet to any other person (non-owner) will make you financially liable for all unauthorized access , losses or misuse of the account, until reported to Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union.
· Tell Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union at once if you believe your account number, PIN, or any record thereof, has been lost or stolen, or if your account has been accessed without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down, but you may also notify us by writing to the address below. You could lose all of the money in your accounts, but if you tell us within two (2) business days of the loss, theft or unauthorized access, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone accesses your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized access, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
· If your statement shows any electronic funds transfer you did not make or authorize to be made, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
4. Address and Telephone Numbers
· If you believe unauthorized access occurred on your account or your PIN (Personal Identification Number) has been stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account by accessing your account without your permission, call Peoples Advantage FCU Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm or on Wednesdays between the hours of 9:30am and 5:00pm eastern time at (804) 520-3697, (804) 748-3081 or 1 (800) 654-3914 or write to us at: Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union, Attn: Electronic Services, 12902 Old Stage Road, Chester, Va. 23836.
5. Business Days
· For purposes of these disclosures, Peoples Advantage FCU’s business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
6. Documentation of Transfers
· Your periodic statement will specifically identify each electronic transaction. You will receive a monthly account statement for each month in which you initiate electronic transactions. In any case, you will get a statement at least quarterly.
· Additionally, through Peoples”e”Branch home banking service, you can view your transaction activity at any time.
· There are currently no charges for Peoples Advantage FCU’s Peoples”e”Branch home banking service.
8. Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
· If Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union fails to complete a transfer to or from your account on time in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
A. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
B. If the funds in your account are subject to legal process, such as garnishment or attachment, or if the account is subject to a pledge or security agreement.
C. If circumstances beyond our control prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
D. If you have reported an unauthorized use of your PIN, reported it as stolen, or requested that we issue a new PIN, and we have as a result refused to honor the original PIN.
9. Information to Third Parties
· We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transactions you make:
A. If we return checks drawn on your account for insufficient funds or if we are unable to complete an electronic transfer because of insufficient funds.
B. Where it is necessary for completing transfers.
C. In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
D. In order to comply with government agency or court order.
E. If you give us your written permission.
10. In Case of Errors or Questions about your Electronic Transfers
· If you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement, immediately telephone us at (804)520-3697, (804) 748-3081 or 1 (800) 654-3914. You may call Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm or on Wednesdays between the hours of 9:30am and 5:00pm eastern time, or write us at: 12902 Old Stage Road, Chester, Va. 23836. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
A. Tell us your name and account number.
B. Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, including the transaction confirmation number if possible, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
C. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
· If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will recredit your account within 10 business days for the amount that you thinks is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not recredit your account.
· If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.